Friday, March 29, 2013

Updates ... A bit overdue.

Okay. So life has been super, duper busy as of late and the boys have (unfortunately) been on the back-burner.

Gus had his hooves trimmed last on March 14th and I *think* things are still looking good for him. He's still sporting full bar shoes + full snow pads + borium studs, but I'm hoping to remove the pads and borium next shoe cycle. Hopefully by then, end of April, we'll be done with snow and ice. If not, we'll I'm moving south! I'll try to get photos posted soon ... they are stuck on my cell phone at the moment, as usual.

Gringo's hooves still seem to be doing okay too. He's dealing with some on and off thrushy issues - so when I think of it, I do try to use of the mastitis ointment (Tomorrow) in the the crevices to ward off any more infection. His last trim was back on February 27th, I'm guessing he'll get done again sometime the beginning part of April. He's still barefoot and reasonably sound.

As far as workload goes, both boys have had it really easy as of late. I've done a couple rides on Gus over the last two weeks and both times he truly was a trooper. He still looks to be fairly sound, abit stiff, but he does work through his issues. Gringo has had it super, duper easy. He's been ponied twice off Gus in the last couple weeks. Despite not having attempted this in months, he was a pretty decent boy. Although he thought it would be more fun to start a fight with Gus, he did at least listen to me and acted like the 10 year old he is - eventually.

I'll try to start blogging a bit more regularly again soon. At least I really hope to.

No comments: