Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We cantered!!!

Well, decided to bite the bullet and try cantering Gus yesterday for the first time in over a year. Needless to say, he's not forgotten how to canter.

Here's the video:



While watching the video (and I admit I've gotten sloppy!) Gus looks much better. You can definitely tell that his hindend is still very weak, but he's looking very happy and comfortable with what I'm asking him to do. Though, I do admit, that I'm not asking much at all... so he kinda does his own thing, not sitting down on his hindend, on the forehand, etc. Still, though, we cantered!

I'm really wishing for a nicer video camera for my birthday. Not sure if I'll be getting it or not... maybe I'll make it a gift to myself. We shall see.

1 comment:

Ailurophile said...

Ohh hope this hind leg heals completely really soon. I love horses. Thanks for sharing this video. Hope you get a great video camera for your birthday. Take care :)