Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009

Well... since I didn't have to work until 2pm on Thursday (New Year's Eve), I decided to make the most of it and go out riding in the morning. It was a balmy 7* above zero... and, actually, it wasn't bad at all.

Here's some photos from my morning ride:





This is me... I definitely DO NOT look flattering at all, but boy was I warm. I had a stocking cap tucked underneath my helmet, plus a helmet cover and... my neck gaitor. Actually, it was a very toasty setup.





Gus and his lovely Masta quarter sheet. I LOVE this quarter sheet. It's a waterproof outer layer and fleece lined on the inside. It's very warm. And, it even has a cutout for me. Makes it even better.












What a thick, chunky head Gus has... least with all his hairy winter coat on. It makes his bridle look like it's too small.



Although looks are deceiving, the snow was a good 12+ inches deep. That's Gus's tracks on the left of the photo below.

And, here's Gringo.





I was going to attempt to go to the barn today, but at -23 degrees out? That's just too d*mn cold to do much of anything. So, the boys will just have to wait until late next week. I really had been meaning to get out to the feed store too, but they never did answer the phone when I called. So... it may just be alfalfa pellets for a while... we shall see.

3 comments:

finangoodephoto said...

-23?!?!?! What the heck! Thats...HORRID! LOVE Gus' bridle :) And his hairyness! (Noctis from CoTH)

allhorsestuff said...

Your horsefaces are cute all furry there!
KK w/ Wa mare

A. Blegen said...

Yep. It's been bitter cold here. And it's amazing how hairy the boys get. Gus just looks horrible. Can't wait til spring!