Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's December!

Can you believe it's already December? Sheesh, where did the time go? Anyways, nothing new to report from the other day... just found some cute photos of the boys that I couldn't resist sharing.

What you'll see below is Gus in the box stall and Gringo tied up on the outside. Gringo knows the hay is kept in the hay net (mind you it's one of the small mesh ones... to slow down hay consumption) and he was hungry. So he helped himself thru the bars of the stall. Gus wasn't too pleased, but he couldn't do anything about it.







And, since it's been a few weeks since I last posted photos of Gus's body condition, I thought I'd post some newer ones. These were taken 11/19, if memory serves me correctly. He's staying the same. I suppose it could be worse (like he's losing weight) but thankfully that isn't the case. Hopefully with the new diet that was implemented starting yesterday he'll start picking up weight again.













I did order some more dewormer for the boys. As soon as it comes in, they'll be getting dosed at 1 1/2 times their body weight with Anthelcide EQ Paste (it's an Oxibendazole based dewormer). I should've dewormed them about a week or two ago, but just put it off for no other reason other then lack of funds.
Other then that... again nothing new. I'm outta commission for a while, at least as far as riding goes. I injured my back about 3 weeks ago and it just won't heal. I tried riding yesterday for the first time in nearly a month and ouch... it just didn't work. Anyways, went to a "real" doctor yesterday and got some good pain meds. I'm going back to my chiropractor here this next week... I'm hoping to resume my riding soon, hopefully.

No comments: