Monday, November 7, 2011

Hoof Montage

Last Wednesday, Gus had his hooves trimmed again. Unlike recent trims, after this trim Gus was EXTREMELY sore. Only noticeable undersaddle and on the lunge, but enough to warrant a "this is from a trim" thought versus a "here we go again" thought, even though they are a bit one in the same. [<--- Sheesh, talk about a long, run-on sentence. Oops!]

I left a message for my BO/Trainer regarding Gus and his offness (I wouldn't call it lameness, per say). I guess the farrier is supposed be back out again this week sometime to trim more horses, so I asked her to check with him, seeing as he doesn't communicate well at all to me, unless I'm there in person. [<--- There I go again. Another run-on sentence.] We'll see where that leads. I'm doubting nowhere, but you never know.

Here's the photos from this past Wednesday's trim. As usual, they are taken from left fore to left hind, right hind to right fore.

Still trying to figure out what is causing that funky wavy crack in the left fore. I do believe it's been there for a while...












I'm really not pleased at all with how the fronts look. They look short-toed and a bit crushed in the heels. Sheesh, I think we're back to what we've been dealing years back. For reference sake, here's what the left fore has looked like since August 2009 through today. Hence the post title of "Hoof Montage".

 August 2009

May 14, 2010 - Can we say "yuck"?
  
June 12, 2010

July 2, 2010 - Yikes, LONG toes!
 
December 16, 2010

February 13, 2011

February 19, 2011

March 2, 2011

March 9, 2011

April 6, 2011

May 11, 2011

June 17, 2011

July 4, 2011

July 6, 2011

August 12, 2011

September 27, 2011

November 2, 2011

I guess I'm not seeing such a dramatic change, overall in general, I'd say they are A LOT better then what I was dealing with in the 2010 year... but still. Uggh.

No comments: