Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter is HERE!!!

And I'm none too happy about it, but what do you do? After not being able to partake in my usual Wednesday lesson, due to a work emergency,  I did managed to make it out to the barn on Saturday to ride Gus and pony Gringo.

As usual both boys were good and as usual, Gringo was stubborn about moving any faster then a walk. So, I decided, since the arena was empty, to put up the gate and let him roam around while I worked with Gus. He was good and Gus was especially good. Heck, even I was good :-). All things considered, it was a good ride.

Just as I was finishing up, Gringo noticed the handsome (beautiful ??? not sure what he thought) horse in the mirror. Oh boy was he having a field day talking to the beauty in the mirror. It has hilarious. He was so obsessed with his reflection. I don't think I've ever seen that reaction from him before. He was a good boy about me catching him again and  didn't have any issues leaving the beauty behind in the mirror.

Yesterday, however, was a miserable day. I am very thankful I dragged my butt to the barn on Saturday. We ended up with something like 14"+ of snow yesterday. It's truly a winter wonderland, treacherous roads and all. It's crazy!

So, not sure when I'll be back out to see the boys. I'm planning to go tomorrow, weather permitting. Lesson is scheduled again for Wednesday.

I'll try to get some photos posted that I took this morning on my drive into work. What's normally a 30 minute commute took over an hour. It was ridiculous, but beautiful.

No comments: