Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gus's leg bump...

Well, the bump is still alive and unfortunately it's not getting any better. I finally tried (albeit with my cell phone) to get photos. They aren't the best but the do show the bump I'm talking about. Today I just applied Surpass and then wrapped both hind legs. He's been left unwrapped since Thursday morning. I'm planning on rewrapping Sunday and Monday and then rewrapping again Wednesday evening. Not sure about the rest of the week. I'll be giving the vet a call again with another update to see where we go from here.


So in this picture, it's the leg on the right, although you're really looking at the right and left leg, respectfully. His legs are a bit torqued, but looking at the "white" leg, you'll see up near where the white and roan meet you'll see the bump - as a bow outwards. The leg is also much thicker all the way around, though that's not obvious from the photos.


This photos makes the bump much more easier to see. It use to be much larger in size but has compressed over time... though not being wrapped has allow the bump to expand back out a bit. He's still lame on it and it does bother him, though not as much as it did a couple weeks back.

Again, those weren't the greatest photos, but they were taken on my cell phone, so what can you expect?

No comments: