Sunday, May 17, 2009

Updates again.

So, went out to see the boys again today. And things seem to be looking better, least from a distance. As you can see from the first photo, the swelling has gone down quite a bit in the left front knee.



However, there are still a few deep areas that are still healing. The photo below shows Gus's left front knee, from the outside (so front of leg is to the left). He's got a "triangle" of deep areas left that are still healing. It's looking better, but still actively bleeding...



Here's the kicker though. The next two photos show Gus's left hind... what I thought was just something small, like scratches, turned into this mess. It's raw and oozy. Looks like some proud flesh is growing now also. So, I applied some activated charcoal, in the form of Wonder Dust, to the site. We'll see how it looks on Thursday when I'm out next.



Here's another photo. Same view, basically. Thankfully Gus doesn't seem to be too sore on it. He didn't like me cleaning it with ice cold water, but he tolerated it. Could've cared less about the Wonder Dust being applied.



So, hopefully it's looking better by Thursday. I really don't want to call the vet back out. I may just wait until Tuesday (after Memorial Day), as my future MIL's vet is coming out to do spring vaccines and will be seeing both my boys anyways. So, we shall see...

No comments: