Monday, March 4, 2013

Gringo's Footsies

Well ... nothing has changed too much here in Minnesota. It's March 4th and winter is still hanging on. As I type, we're in the midst of another winter storm. This one is named Saturn. Lovely, huh?

Anyways, Gringo had his hooves trimmed again this past Wednesday. So here's the shots, like usual.






Not sure what's with the "bump" about midway up the hoof wall ... odd.






And he's got a real odd "bullnose" sorta bump going on here. I guess I need to keep an eye on this.



Good news is, J said the thrush is going away. So the plan is to keep using the mastitis ointment frequently in hopes of clearing up all his thrushy issues. 

In other Gringo news, nothing has really gone on with him, as of late. He's shedding like crazy - hence all the Gringo hair in the above photos. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get all of it swept up. 

I haven't done a lot of work with Gringo lately, either. But he's such a good boy that he literally leaves right were we left off. I do need to start committing to him more frequently. I keep saying that, but honestly, I need to act on it. He deserves it. 

No comments: