Monday, March 4, 2013

Gus ... Confuses me.

Well, the last time I rode Gus was last Thursday, February 28th. We did our usual routine and he just didn't seem 100% right. It probably had A LOT to do with the fact that I didn't have spurs on OR a crop with me. So the forward button was entirely my leg - which Gus is fairly dull to. Oh well.

It also didn't help that B starting lunging her young gelding just as we were finishing our warmup - so we didn't have access to the entire arena. Instead, we had the rail and only one end to work with. I was not fully satisfied with our trot work so I'm hoping when I get the opportunity to get to the barn again, it'll be much improved - or at least better then it was the last time.

Because of our lovely snow storm, I'm not sure when I'll make it out to the barn next. The way it looks right now, it probably won't be until Friday. I don't work til later tomorrow, but we're supposed to get another dumping of snow overnight tonight. Yippee skippy. Not. Then, I'm stuck working long days on both Wednesday AND Thursday. I desperately need my therapy ... should've gone to the barn yesterday. Kicking myself for skipping out on that.

No comments: