Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cherry's Home!

Well, My Sweet Cherry Wine made it home on Monday. She's now at my BO's, indefinitely. Today was the first time I was able to get out to see her. Well, under all that scruffy coat, I do see a lovely redhead lady.

Went out to get her from the pasture. All I had to do was holler "Cherry". She came a runnin'. She's turned out with the mare herd... today was her first time out there, and the boss mares are not making things easy. M & H (in general) are being total b*tches. Hopefully, things will change as the days go on and Cherry will feel more at ease.

Well, getting her in the crossties was easy... but she doesn't stand well. She does stand in crossties, but is very antsy and unsure of everything. I was able to brush her out really well (and she could definitely use HOURS of grooming, but I just didn't have the time today) and kinda, sorta pick out her mane and tail. The hooves... total different story. I was successful with the left front, and eventually both hinds. That right front though, was nearly impossible for her to keep up. I'll be working with her on that.

Otherwise, here's some photos of her:



(Left shoulder looking towards hind end. Note prominent hip bones.)


(Left hind looking towards front end.)



(Left flank. Has lots of dry, flaky skin... very, very dirty.)



(Butt. Picture is a bit deceiving... lots of muscle loss in hind end.)





1 comment:

GoonrGrrl said...

Awwww, poor lady. Thank goodness you found her. So glad Miss Cherry is with you! I look forward to reading more about her!