Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!

Yeah. It's finally 2009. Not that I'm excited that another year has come and gone, but I'm hoping that this will be a better year for me, in terms of my horses.

Went out to see Gus today (and Cherry, but more about her in the next post). He's doing okay, but isn't any better. So, I talked to Dr. N. We decided that Gus is going to have both stifles injected again, next week. Hopefully that'll make things work a bit better, but honestly, who knows. Those injections are my last hope. If no improvement, well then he'll just be retired. It's really upsetting to know that he may be done as a riding horse, but I owe it to him if I can't make him better. It's only fair.

So, otherwise, nothing new with him. We've been doing our regular "walks" under saddle. Probably about 15-20 minutes a day, maybe 2-3 times a week. It's been hard to get on a schedule because the weather is definitely not cooperating at all. Such is life in the Midwest in winter.

Here's a couple shots of Gus from this afternoon. Please don't mind the crappy graininess, they were taken with my camera phone.














(Gus sporting his fly mask in the dead of winter... it's to protect his eyes from the sun...)

No comments: