Sunday, October 16, 2011

Clipping Time!

I debated long and hard about clipping Gus again this year. Since the fall of 2002, Gus has been clipped in the fall, with the exception of the one year he spent at my in-laws, pre-wedding. It has made life so much easier for me and it's made Gus much more comfortable. He is likely the hairiest horse at the barn, probably has the most active sweat glands as well. Haha.

So today was D-day. I was armed and ready. Yesterday, I purchased two new #10 blades and with a recently acquired blade that was used just once to clip Hope, my parents' dog, I thought I'd be good and ready. Think again. By the time it was all said and done with, I had gone through all three new blades, plus about three old #10 blades that were dull along with three #10 WIDE blades. Uggh! Definitely should've washed Gus prior to clipping. That was my problem again this year. Like the saying goes, the difference between a bad clip and a good clip is two weeks. So just two weeks until Gus looks fabulous.

Without further ado, here's some photos from today. This first group is from before the clip.




And here he is, nearly four hours later. Uggh. Remind me to thoroughly WASH Gus next go around. As it only took an hour to do the front 2/3rds... and nearly three hours to do the rump. Uggh. 









I'm debating about getting up early tomorrow to ride before work. I don't have to be in until 1pm. So, if I drag myself outta bed by 7am, I'd have plenty of time to get a quick workout in before hand. 

I didn't update this blog at all after my lesson last week, but on Thursday I had another really nice ride on Gus. He was such a good boy. We basically did a copycat ride from the day before, just without the poles - I didn't want to drag them all out. 

Anyways, more to come. Here's hoping that Gus stays sound and keeps progressing forward.

No comments: