Sunday, November 1, 2009

Photos, Photos and MORE Photos!

Okay. So Gus has been on the new diet for nearly a month now. I thought I should finally do an update with how things are going with him. Gus has been on the Triple Crown Senior (at 1lb/daily) for about a month, give or take a few days. He's still getting 2lbs of Triple Crown Lite daily along with 1/2lb of alfalfa pellets. As far as supps go, he's getting MSM (10,000mgs), HA (100mgs), Lysine (10g) and Magnesium (5000mgs).

Gus had an incident last weekend where he overheated (supposedly) and started sweating. He was also lethargic and cribbing again. I naturally freaked out - drove all the way out to see him and he was perfectly fine. Thank GOD. Anyways, I did end up ordering some SmartGut for Gus to try for a month... to see if that makes any difference. I don't see any more evidence (or more damage) that says Gus started up cribbing again. So, hopefully that was just a one time thing.

Anyways, here's some photos taken 10/29. Gus seems to have put on some weight... but he's also putting on a winter coat. The weight tape says he's staying the same, or gaining very slightly. What do you think?

And here's Gringo. I haven't taken any recent body shots... so he was game for a photo op himself. He's still doing the same. Fairly sound most days, but he does have his moments where he's dead lame on that left front.

I had a new farrier out a couple weeks back. Nice guy... he'll go by L here. J recommended him as he actually apprenticed under her mentor too. Anyways, he said that if he didn't know better, he would have thought Gringo's LF was a true club foot, not a club foot due to injury. He agrees with our current treatment plan, which is barefoot unless Gringo tells us otherwise. He's much sounder now then he's been in months. So, hopefully we're on the road to some sort of recovery.

(Pretty goose head, huh?)

Anyways, both boys are currently doing okay at the moment. Today was the first day of their first "PowerPak". The PP targets all four stages of strongyles and conveniently takes care of bots too. Anyways, the boys are getting 50cc of liquid fenbendazole daily for five days. I'm hoping everything goes fine and if they have any critters... hopefully they'll expell themselves without any issues.

No comments: