Friday, August 31, 2012

*crosses fingers*

Well, when I was out on Wednesday, Gus was sounder. So, that's definitely a start in the right direction! B cleared Gus (visually) to start work again, although taking it easy.

Plan is to begin with some walk work today and see how that goes. I'd like to do a little lunging before we start working under saddle, but with Gus's tendency to BFB (aka buck, fart, bolt) I don't think I'd like that added stress on his front end ... just not worth it to me. Hopefully the bugs won't be bad at all and we can work outside. We'll see.

Gus was also supposed to have his hooves trimmed and reset yesterday. Not sure if the farrier made it out or not, I guess he wasn't feeling the greatest according to the BM. Hopefully he's feeling better and Gus got his much needed pedicure. I guess I'll find out today when I'm out.

Photos to come.

No comments: