The following photo is after I pulled his mane. Definitely needed to be cleaned up a bit, as it was probably about 6-7" long. Now it's back to about 3-4". Nice length, but still could be a tad shorter. It's a work in progress.
This other photo is him from the pasture... with his Schneiders blanket on. We got dumped with another 3-4" of snow again overnight, just lovely. This photo was taken yesterday, shortly after the snow started again.
So, what do you think? I'm going to try to get a video clip of him walking. He was being a pill yesterday so I never did get any of him moving, but he's still very much off. Just started the BL Pellets yesterday also. I'm hoping those will help the pain. Otherwise, we are looking into doing a nerve block to see if that changes things at all. I'll keep the blog updated on Gringo's condition.
As far as Gus goes, he's still the same ol' Gus. No real changes. Worked quite a bit yesterday at the walk. Worked on collecting and putting more weight on the hind end. Added in some shoulder-ins (probably more like shoulder-fores) and a few leg yields. Definitely noted some resistance issues with the leg yields, especially going to the right.
He seemed a bit off moreso at the trot then he's normally been. It could be due to the weather (very wet and damp), lack of work (haven't ridden him since last weekend) or could be due to the lateral work we were working on. Or, a combination of the three (tend to think that may be the case).
Still waiting on those lab results. Dr. N said they should be back in within the next week and she'll let me know the results as soon as possible. Hoping everything comes back negative (which in this case is good) and we can get on with everything. Should be interesting to see what they have to say, to say the least.