Thursday, July 14, 2011

Published... It's a possibility!

So, last weekend I went with a friend from the barn to a local schooling show. I went as her unofficial photographer/groom/whatever-she-needed. It was a great schooling opportunity for G, my friend's horse and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

Anyways, in the process of talking to the show organizer, they inquired about me being the unofficial show photographer for the day. I figured as long as I was there, I could certainly take photos - least until my ride left.

Here's a few shots I took from the day:















The shots of the bay on top are G, followed by an adorable little girl and her grey pony (her older brother also rode the pony in the ground pole class), then the last few are of E.L. That pretty pinto mare (I forget her breeding) in a phenomenal jumper and fairly photogenic in her own right. I love the last photo I took of her.

I was going to post a link to the photos, but then blogger went all funky on me. I'll try to get that figured out. Oh well.

The exciting part is that some of my work may get published in the local (local to the schooling show - so just south of the TC) newspaper. I'm super excited. Hubby of course says something to the effect that now I can finally use my journalism degree. Haha. Anyways, I'm hoping that I make it into the paper. That would be the highlite of my day.

No comments: