Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Colors

I need to get more photos of Gringo and of course more of Gus sans sheet, but here's a few photos I took the other day of Gus, chilling out in his paddock. Every fall Gus turns this absolutely gorgeous shade of red... hard to explain, but it's a beautiful color. I typically clip Gus every fall, usually by mid-September, but due to the fact that Gus is off, it doesn't make sense to clip him if I'm not able to do any riding.

So, without any further ado, here are the photos.






I definitely need to get some more photos, but sans the sheet. The sheet hides so much.

I was also able to take some photos of Kherrosel the other day. I'll see if I can somehow sneak some photos of his summer sores, but imagine this. Raw meat on a joint. A joint that moves CONSTANTLY. That's what Kherro's wounds look like and the whereabouts as well. Poor guy. He was in such pain that he didn't even eat. That's part of the reason why he's skin and bones. He's looking a lot better though and has his appetite back as well.

Here's a few photos that I took of Kherro the other day. He's bandaged, wrapped and wearing Cashel fly wraps as well. Better then 24/7 fly sheet, neck cover, belly band, leg wraps and a fly mask AND a screened in stall. Sometimes things aren't better in Florida.








Such a pretty boy. I'm hoping for B's sake that he makes a full recovery, well I suppose for Kherrosel's sake as well. He deserves better then this.  I'll do updates as I can, with Kherro's progress.




No comments: