Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another, are you serious?

So, Gringo had his shoes reset this afternoon. Tried something new today and gave him a gram of bute about 20 minutes before the farrier showed up. It did seem to help a little, but then he has also had bute in his system for a couple weeks now. Thankfully we didn't need to use the dom/torb sedation that the vet gave me to give!

Well, anyways, he'd been off lately - more so then what's usual for him. Well, being such the bad mom I am, I didn't realize that he had two splints. They are new, but how new is what is stumping me. One on both front leg, high inside of both cannon bones. Go figure. Gonna do a bit of research to find out if there's anything I can do to minimize them. Doesn't seem to be bothering him at all right now so we'll see.

That being said, he's also got a horizontal crack on the outside heel of his right front. About 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. The farrier (we'll call her J) said it could be due from a trauma to that area... specifically the coronet band, and now it's just growing out. Shouldn't cause any problems but knowing my WONDERFUL luck, it will.

So, here's the pictures of the lovely splints:


Left Front


Right Front


Both Fronts

Any suggestions? I think I need to invest in some bubble wrap...

No comments: