Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well, Dr. N was out...

So, Dr. N was out to take a look at Gus's bump. Did x-rays. Well, the results are back. It's a soft tissue injury. Treatment plan is cold hosing/ice 2x day, until the bump is gone, I think. And he's gotta stay quiet. Thankfully he's pretty mellow on turnout, so at least he doesn't need to do stall rest again. Sheesh... the last time he was on stall rest (basically all of May and part of June) was just miserable.

I did change a few things up with Gus though. He's been on tums because the bute he was on was giving him ulcer-like symptoms. Well, since he was put back on bute early in September, he started cribbing like it was going out of style. So, he's got his crib collar back on and he's got a few new meds. He gets two 1000mg Tums daily plus 2 Prilosec tabs, all in his PM grain. Also, when I'm out, he's been getting 25-30 cc of Maalox. I've noticed that he's been a much happier guy and doesn't seem to be cribbing at all (or attempting to, from what I've noticed). He's also off the bute now and on a herbal alternative, called Releaf.

Hopefully this bump will heal fast though, although I've been told it could take months to fully heal. Here's hoping that I have a better spring next year then I did this year...

No comments: